21 March, 2006

Skype!


As we prepare to live overseas for the next few years, we have been researching the best way to communicate with friends and family. For Jon's birthday this year, I got him a tiny little camera to hook on our laptop. VOILA! Instant video messaging. Once we log onto Skype (skype.com) , we can talking back and forth to friends around the world-and see their precious faces-for free. Here is a photo of Mattie Grace, Jon and Naomi trying out the camera. As much as we are fascinated by this bit of technology, we know that grandparents will enjoy Skype-ing once we are on the other side of the world.

3 comments:

Cherilynn said...

Now I really need to get a web camera!

Miss you!

Anonymous said...

I'm happy to find your blog. I just returned to Nashville from Addis a few months ago with our newly adopted baby boy. I couldn't have been happier there. What an amazing place. Where in TN are y ou? I will pray that the other family's house sells quickly if it has not already. I know that can be a tough spot. And I can only imagine how hard it must be to have your lives on hold like this. We met one SIM staffer while we were there--Andrew Warren. He is a neat guy, running an amazing ministry. I think your daughters will love it there. And don't worry about the anti-diarrheal medicine. Once you have a chronic case of Giardia, it won't even bug you anymore :) We're still trying to kick it with our 9-month-old. If you want to contact me, my email is ummeltrash at bellsouth dot net.
Heather

Sarah said...

Isn't it amazing how technology has changed the face of missions work. I received a video card from some friends in Ecquador a few days ago...so cool.

That note from "Heather" up above me in your comments section is from my friend. I think I told you about her when they were starting the process of adoption from Africa.

Hugs,