04 October, 2006

Sometimes I Wonder




Sometimes I Wonder....


* Did that mosquito that bit me carry malaria?

* Will I ever feel caught up on my sleep? (Can I still call it jet lag after 8 weeks?)

* Are grades really necessary?

* Why do I love ranch dressing so much more here than in the states?

* Why didn't I bring out more music? (Rebecca, THANKS for the itunes gc-it's getting us some MUCH needed tunes!)

* When will homesickness go away?

* How did I fall in love with my students so quickly-even before I could spell their names? They are so precious to me! I truly weep when they weep and rejoice when they rejoice (and when you are with middleschoolers, you ride that rollercoaster often!)

* Will I ever be able to throw out a ziplock bag again?

* How can I feel lonely in the most populated country in all of Africa?

* What did we do without our precious cook, Sarah? (Oh, I know, we lost weight!!!)

* How many children will be in our yard waiting for us when we get home from school? They anxiously wait for us to tell Bible stories, play ball, and give out cookies. (See photo for some of the 'regulars')

* How do Lauren and Naomi look so cute in a headwraps? (We wear these to all Nigerian churches we attend.)

* How long the Lord will wait until He comes back? I can hardly wait! But, until then...back to work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How special your comments and especially the pictures! I'm praying for each of you daily! (Don't think I didn't notice the elephant picture behind Lauren!!) Love to all - Dianne

Anonymous said...

* Why didn't I bring out more music? (Rebecca, THANKS for the itunes gc-it's getting us some MUCH needed tunes!)

LOL! iTunes=the foreign missionary's best friend.