16 April, 2008

These past few weeks I have learned:

The nutritional value (esp. protein) is higher in termites than grasshoppers
Grading research papers is more time consuming than writing them
Laughter is a wonderful medicine
You can keep going long after you think you can’t
30 7th graders can eat a lot of ice cream
Leaving is much harder than going
A broken toe really, really hurts
Why cashew nuts cost so much (have you seen how the grow—too cool!)
When one of my kids hurts, my heart hurts too (even more than a broken toe)
That it isn’t what you have in your life, but whom you have that counts
Lauren’s smile (minus the braces-yep, finally got them off) is BEAUTIFUL
Blondes don’t necessarily have more fun than brunettes
How to make cream cheese
Life is too short to not enjoy every moment
Sleep is optional (at least for a while)
A few hundred naira can, sometimes, get you out of trouble

---and I still have so much more to learn!

(7th grade class at party on Saturday)

1 comment:

*Heather said...

Hey there! I am so sorry I haven't responded to your email and I feel really bad! For the past 3 weeks I have been sick with something and it has been NO fun! I don't know if you have already done your gathering for the mothers in your area but if haven't I would love to know so I can help you brainstorm on things to do. I did post some for some ideas on a homeschool board I go to and I got some good feedback. Do you still need it? It looks like you have learned a lot in your time over there! I am sure leaving will be very hard!