26 October, 2006

Photos around Jos




Just a few photos.

Houses seen near our house.
Naomi at Independence Day at Hiilcrest School.
Photo of the top of a mosque in Jos as seen from our compound. During Ramadan, prayers were chanted through loud speakers every day from this mosque....some chanting began as early as 3 AM....some as late as midnight. All day, every day, for a month. Tuesday marked the end of Ramadan.

May we continually be in prayer for the salvation of our dear neighbors and friends. In class the other day, my students brought up the topic of "what happens after you die." Although the discussion was lively and I was bombarded with more questions than I had answers for, I was very thankful for the open door. Please pray for doors to continue to open and many eyes to be opened.

3 comments:

Carla said...

The girls really look great. I am so glad that the whole family is doing well. I would love to hear from you! I miss you! Tell the girls that Matthew thinks of them often.

Anonymous said...

Julie, Yet one more reminder that I am fervently praying for you and your ministry there daily. Please be encouraged that you are directly affecting the Kingdom with your dedication to this work. I love and miss you guys so much, and you know I would be there with you in a heartbeat if I could.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Julie! Rebecca told Momma about your blog and I'm SO glad I've found it! I need to hear from you to know what else you all might need at this point - Momma is visiting me here in FL and we're planning to ship you all a package on Monday, the 20th of November. I hope you see this before then. I'm sending you an email as well. Can't wait to hear from you.