01 October, 2007

My Sick Ones

I think one of the most difficult things in this world for a mother is to watch your children's suffering. Lauren and Naomi have been so very sick the last few days and I have shed tears, praying they would get better soon.

Apparently I gave Lauren whatever I have had the last few weeks. She is now very sick with a fever, runny nose and bad cough. She feels horrid all over. Today she slipped into her favorite t-shirt and snuggled down in her covers.

Naomi has malaria-again. She was doubled over in pain last night and ran a fever of 105. She cried, begging me to make her feel better. I pulled out whatever meds I could find that might help her and just prayed for her. Today she forced her little body to go to Nitni's send forth, but I could see the pain in her eyes. Fortunately, sweet friends came over to check on her, recognized it as malaria, and encouraged us to start treatment. We did...and glad we got it in her early...hopefully she'll feel better soon.

Please pray for the girls....for quick recovery and for comfort and patience while they are waiting to get better.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am fine! I promise... everyone can just stop worrying...

Lauren

Anonymous said...

Hugs and prayers for Naomi and Lauren
Get well quickly!!

Anonymous said...

I am praying for ya'll. Give a big hug to Lauren and Naomi for me! Lots of love... ♥