09 February, 2008

Pancake Breakfast






At 7 this morning, 39 eighth graders and a few teachers could be foun in the hostel preparing for the annual pancake breakfast, a popular fundraiser. This year's theme was "the 80's" The kids had a blast dressing up. I had to laugh because I was their age at the beginning of the 80s. One of the kids asked me, "Mrs. Parker, have you ever heard of these old songs?" HA! My answer was two-fold: 1) not only have I heard of them, I know all the words and 2) these songs are really not old.

After all, who doesn't still sing:
Another Bites the Dust
Smooth Operator
We Built This City
Working My Way Back to You
Walk Like An Egyptian
I Just Called to Say I Love You
Eye of the Tiger

By 11 am, hundreds of pancakes had been cooked, served, and devoured. (Just heard that a boy eating 27 pancakes had won the "who could eat the most" contest.) Money was raised and everyone had such a great time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey update your stuff... i know i told you to when i was at your place, and i will write something for you... all i need is a pic to inspire me