08 February, 2008

Whatever It Takes







Reading...what I encourage the MOST in my middle school English classes. So, to encourage (or should I say 'bribe'?) my students to read, I have a reading contest each quarter. The class that reads the most pages wins a party at my house. Along with unlimited hotdogs to roast, we have FUN (and very messy) games. The sixth grade class beat out all the 7th and 8th grade classes last quarter so they were at the house on Thursday for THE PARTY!

On the bus on the way back to school, one of the boys said,
"Listen everyone, we ALL have to read a BUNCH of books this week. We have to win again!"

Whatever it takes to get them to read!




2 comments:

shafeeq sha said...

nice pictures...detail them...

Anonymous said...

Hey, Mrs. P,
when's our party coming?