25 March, 2007

A Grateful Heart


When I woke up this morning, my heart overflowed with thanksgiving. I had to sit down and make a list.


* Our sweet friend, Nancy, came through surgery well and her tumor was benign.

* Jon will be back in a few hours from a 10 day trip to Niger.

* Art and the stretch of creativity without supplies at my fingertips.

* Prayers for a mission pastor has been answered. Our newly-arrived pastor led a wonderful seminar yesterday.

* We've had both water AND electricity lately...and sometimes at the same time!

* Music. I'm looking for suggestions for new inspiring music, any suggestions?



* Internet and Window shopping. LIterally-with Microsoft Windows...you know, Target puts their weekly ads on the web.

* Friendships-old and new. IMing friends in the states and a girls' slumber party with FIVE extra girls in the house Friday night.

* A trip to Kenya-for a teacher's conference...and to visit a dear ol' friend! Just one more week, Lei.

* A care package. Thanks, Trish! A letter from home. Thanks, Mrs. Donna!

* Language-oral and written, books, Scripture, lyrics, poems...can't image life without language.

* A promise of a Home forever-sometimes I can only think about Heaven.


Give thanks with a grateful heart,
Give thanks to the Holy One,
Give thanks because He's given
Jesus Christ His Son.

And now let the weak say "I am strong."
Let the poor say "I am rich."
Because of what the Lord has done
for us
Give thanks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that the package made it. We hope you enjoy everything. We are grateful to have you as friends and missionaries!

Tricia