02 April, 2007

The Pursuit of Balance


Balance....

• an even distribution of weight enabling someone or something to remain upright and steady

Is it as hard for you to achieve balance as it is for me? I am too much like a car whose owner doesn’t see the need to keep the tires balanced and rotated on a regular basis. Yep, sometimes I wait too long…until I get a flat and can no longer run.

But this week is one of relaxation…a change of pace…a realignment. We are on spring break! At 5 AM tomorrow I will begin my 24 hour trip to the other side of the continent-to Kenya! Although this is work related, it will be a nice change of pace and a great time to catch up with friends. (Not to mention, it will be about 30+ degrees cooler and water will run a'plenty!) Please pray for Jon and the kids as they stay behind for the week.

********************************************

May today there be peace within!
May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be!
May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith.
May you use those gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you.
May you be content knowing you are a child of God.
Let this presence settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love.
It is there for each and every one of us.
-St. Teresa

2 comments:

Erin said...

Amen. Amen. I am totally stoked to return to Nigeria in a few weeks. However, I am very aware of the need for balance and am really praying towards that - to love HIM more than anything or anyone and to serve HIM, not my own desires. Not easy. But much safer. Not always fun. But much more rewarding. I look forward to meeting you all!

Anonymous said...

I can agree with you there. My word of the year, literally, is balance. I crave it daily. It's such a hard thing to obtain. I think some of it has to do with your state of mind, meaning remain positive throughout time of imbalance. :) A daily struggle but it makes me always appreciate the times when my life is a little closer to even as opposed to heavy on one area than the other (that's mostly work.)

I just wanted to say I know where you are coming from. :)