02 April, 2007

The Bucket and Growing Up



Not for the weak of stomach.

I spent lots of time studying her little face this week. Naomi was as sick as she has ever been....ever. I prayed and prayed as I held her head while she was sick into bucket after bucket. I cried out to God to heal her when she asked me why God let her be sick. She could barely walk after the first day but got better after we started malaria treatment. Unfortunately, her fever would spike and she would be horribly sick at night. Finally, she turned the corner and began to smile once again. Then it was over as quickly as it came. Praise the Lord!

While she was asleep in my arms this week, I studied her often. She is growing up. Quickly. She is very self sufficient and enjoys a life full of adventure (and coffee!) She is the most independent 10 year old I know but still loves to cuddle every night. Precious. (And I especially love to cuddle when there isn't a puke bucket between us!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor, Naomi. Hope your feeling better to enjoy your spring break, sweetie. xoxo to all of you!

Unknown said...

Barb & I were remembering Naomi & Mattie when they were in our SS class at Faith. They were precious then & even more now. We miss you all. I'll continue praying for you. Sola Deo Gloria. Bill Harris

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful girl Naomi has become. Praise God that she is better. I had one of those sick nights with Ethan all last night, but I can't imagine malaria half a world away! May God be with and keep you safe and healthy!

Tricia

Anonymous said...

Naomi has changed so much. Tell her the GEMS miss her and Mattie so so much. It is hard to wrap my head around the fact that you have to deal with Malaria. God is so faithful to heal her. Thanks for sharing the good and the bad. We miss you all and look forward to a CBC reunion with you.
Love,
Elizabeth Hartley