06 May, 2007

Matters of the Heart

I was in Kenya when I got the news. Jon emailed me his symptoms. He had been having chest pains, shortness of breath, and he said his legs and feet were three times the normal size. By the time I arrived home, he was very tired, was not sleeping well and his blood pressure was rising. However, the deciding factor for me to know something was really wrong was when the high school kids came over to play soccer and he chose to sleep on the couch! If you know Jon at all, you would be worried then too.

Ten days ago Jon was medi-vac’d out of the country. He spent a week in London and went through many procedures and tests. The doctors believe a virus has attacked his heart. We pray there will be no permanent damage. He has been flown on to the states to rest and recover until the middle of July. Hopefully he will be able to get off the heart medication soon.

6 comments:

Mayberry Family said...

Oh my goodness! When I started reading this I thought you were talking about your friend from the post below and then I realized it was about Jon. We are praying for his health and for your (and the girl's) saftey while he is away. Phillip asked me to ask where he is. He is done with the semester this week so I think he is wanting to go see him wherever he is. PLEASE let us know if we can do anything. We are a half of a world away but are willing to help you to the best of our ability. We can send you anything you need, it'll just take a while to arrive! Keep us updated and let us know if there is anything else we can pray for.

We love you dearly,
Phillip and Heather

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie,

I haven't been regular at checking up on you guys but you have been on my mind. Whoa! big news about Jon.

What can we do for you and/or him? Is he with his folks in NC?

You are in our thought and prayers.

David and Marcella Williams
resourceman99@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Julie, I am so sorry. I know you must be worried sick and scared to death - what a blessing it is to have faith in God at times like these. Hang in there and know that we are praying for you. Wish there was more we could do. Please let us know if there is . . .

Anonymous said...

Oh Julie!!
I hope Jon is on the mend!
Please know you all are in my prayers!

I love you!

Unknown said...

Julie, I just read your post on Jon. I will step up my prayers for you all. Do you need anything special? Bill Harris

Anonymous said...

Where is he? You guys coming into town? Let me know if there is anything we can do!! Love always. Lori Nichols