29 August, 2007

Over the Last Year...


Over the last year, I have...

...traveled outside the US for the first time.
...learned to delegate.
...known what it means to be color blind.
...valued life more than ever.
...spoken in Arabic, English, Hausa, and French.
...cried more than any other year of my life.
...conserved water.
...had malaria.
...eaten more potatoes than I can count.
...learned to drive a stick shift!
...understood what it means to be "totally dependent" on the Lord.
...realized that home is where you are.
...grown to love Nigeria.
...slept at Heathrow airport.
...swam in a warm spring.
...cherished my American/southern heritage.
...taught over 800 lessons.
...cooked from scratch.
...fallen in love with my students, over and over again.
...hiked a volcano.
...missed family like crazy!
...had McDonald's french fries in Germany...at 5:30 AM!
...been in awe of a herd of elephants.
...learned you can't turn right on red in Nigeria.
...lost my driver's license twice (while learning the rules of the road)
...made good friends with a guy at the police station-while getting back my license!
...cherished letters from friends.
...been in numerous car accidents (but only one serious one!)
...realized I can live without electricity.
...begun to learn what it means to be content, in whatever the circumstance.

(photo of Jos market)

1 comment:

*Heather said...

What a wonderful year you have had!