25 November, 2007

A Living Example



Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity. 1 Timothy 4:12

As we were cleaning the house on Saturday, a loud knock on the door got our attention. We were so happy to find Sarah and Joshua waiting to greet us! The girls quickly ushered them in, served a mineral, and we began chatting. My heart overflowed with joy as I just stared at Joshua's deep dimples and listened to his belly laughs. A week before I wasn't sure if I would ever experience them again...as he was in some unknown place with kidnappers.

Why do I continue to share Joshua's story? Because he is a living example of 1 Timothy 4:12. During his captivity, he woke every morning at 4 am to sing praises and pray. He even asked his kidnappers to join him. When the men called his father, they asked for prayers that they would not continue living in their sin. They said they were worn down from Joshua's continued prayers. Little Joshua.....What an example!

My heart overflows with thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Wow! Awesome story. I haven't been to your blog in a long while and have missed the story of Joshua. So awesome how God can use a little boy like that!