31 May, 2008

Continent Hopping


We left Nigeria at 8:00 this morning. At 8:00 PM we were standing in front of Big Ben, walking past Buckingham Palace, and enjoying the cooler weather in London. By 6:00 PM tomorrow, we will be in Nashville. Three days, three continents! Tonight we are staying at one of Jon's high school classmate's house with his three girls. As I logged in to check email (on a high speed internet connection!!), I was greeted by a few students who were also online. Within moments, I had four instant messaging conversations going on....each from a different continent! I am ever so thankful for the convenience of the internet and the way we can stay in touch and feel close even when we are very far apart.

We will catch the train into Heathrow tomorrow morning and fly out to Chicago and then Nashville. We look forward to seeing so many of our friends and family.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

remember nai in the heels?? well look at this picture, she is tryin to be big nd all...lol

*Heather said...

Welcome Back!!! I will be praying for you all as you adjust back into life here in the US. Hey I'll be staying in Nashville Wednesday night on our way to a homeschool conference and celebrating my birthday at the Loveless Cafe! I'll be thinking of you! ;)

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Parker, WE MISS YOU!
TO mAtTie:
Colin says hi (not really), but we all miss you and your blonde jokes!
And Hannah, Sarah, Janel, Heather and Emmy are all sad.
I'll keep checking you guyses'blog.
Love ya always,
-Heniretta

Unknown said...

Welcome back to another home! I hope things go well for you settling back into life in the United States.

I've enjoyed reading your blog. At least, since I got back here in the United States. I wasn't able to in Zambia. A lot of the things you write remind me of Zambia, and some of what we've done there.

Again, welcome back. I will continue praying for you.

-Raymond Hawkins

Anonymous said...

Welcome Home!!

Can't wait to get together!!

Amy said...

what a beautiful family picture! it's good to have you back. can't wait to hear another presentation at church about all you've learned and experienced.