20 September, 2007

Bodily Fluids, English Grades, and a Lock In

Me: Students, if I pass out, please don't step on me when you leave the classroom.
Student #1: Mrs. Parker, I would move your body out of the way.
Me: Thank you! I will raise your grade in English for that sensitive comment.
Student #2: I would help you too, but I am afraid you'd leak bodily fluid and get me yucky. I'll just go around you.
Me: You don't even want to see your grade, buddy!

After coughing and wheezing all week, today I felt as if I might just not make it through another class. I tried to warn my students in my hoarse, man-like voice. You can see the range of compassion I received! You have to love middle school kids. They don't beat around the bush, do they?

One more day this week and I can rest for a few uninterrupted hours on Friday night. Jon is chaperoning a lock-in at school from 6 PM til 6 AM. I'm sending 100 cinnamon rolls. I think I got the better end of this commitment!

No comments: