29 September, 2007

PARTY TIME and Dr. Pepper






All four hostels got together on our compound last night for a big party. And a party it was! The night started off with lots of food...hot dogs, suya, and rice (of course!) A cake walk provided the winners (everyone eventually won) lots of sweets-cookies, cakes, cupcakes. This was the only cake walk I've seen that had a soccer game go through it every 5 minutes or so. Lots of the kids played soccer or basketball throughout the night. After the successful cake walk, prizes were handed out. Over 70 gifts allowed almost everyone to get something! About 10:30, a movie was set up outside for all to watch.

Meeting the request of some of you, I have included a photo of myself! (See, Anna, Samantha and Edie, I really am here in Nigeria with my family!) OK, so it is blurry and far away...but you can see me advertising my favorite drink...one I miss terribly here! I heard one time that a shop in town had Dr. Pepper, so I rushed down to buy it all up! However, when I got there, I found out that the shop owner didn't actually have any for sale, but he said that he did have the recipe! I asked him about this mysterious recipe and he told me to put some pepe (red pepper) in my coca-a-cola and it will taste just like Dr. Pepper. Hummm...now there's an idea!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

they actually did hav at one point !!!!
sorry bout that time ...

lol

Anonymous said...

you could always add a bit of prune juice to Coke... LOL

Love you!