27 September, 2007

Can You Hear Our Discipleship Group?





"Julie, the decibel level was really high over at your house today. What was going on?"

Yes, that was asked of me tonight. My answer:

It was our discipleship group!!

Every Thursday afternoon for about an hour and half Jon and I lead discipleship groups....eighth grade! Today I brought 20 girls over to the house for our meeting (and eating!) On the bus over, there was non-stop chattering, singing, talking, yelling, squeeling.....typical girl noises. By the time we reached our compound, I am sure our neighbors heard us coming. Brownies, cookies, popcorn and 9 gallons of koolaid were consumed. The girls can talk and listen at the same time...all of them! Sometimes I have a hard time keeping up, but today I seemed to have caught most of what was said. About 75% of our time seems to be goofing off, having fun, and belly-laughing at each other. However that 75% allows the other 25% to be quality time of sharing and lifting each other up.

These girls are growing into Godly women....and it is such a priviledge to be walking beside them....even when they do blow kool-aid out their nose!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sound familiar

-Mazen