16 December, 2007

Art from the Heart

The art show this year showed off some gorgeous pieces. Each as different as the artists. I love art. I especially love the pieces that I know came deep from within the heart of the artist. I loved hearing the reasoning behind the pieces. And I could tell there was often more than the artists wanted to reveal, which makes the piece much more interesting. I am so thankful for a wonderful art teacher who allows the students to create what their hearts are feeling---not to just reproduce what is in a book or on someone else's canvas.


Beautiful!


Are the bricks being torn down by the love, or are they building up a wall?


I wish you could all see the details in this piece of art.


Just one of many by this very talented artist. The stencil below was used to dye cloth. He is extremely talented in the more detailed drawings...an architect in the raw.



I wish I could explain all of the details in this fabulous piece of work titled "Love + Hate = Chaos" Both love (rose) and hate (skeleton) can produce fire (both in a flame) and have consequences (smoke).... See the chains. Notice the veiled women. Can you find the windows...stained glass and the one in the eye? Eyes are the window to the soul. There are thorns on the rose (love) becuase sometimes it hurts. Find the bottle...pouring out the word "love"....yes, so much in this piece.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Sometimes you have to put the walls up not to keep people out, but to se who cares enough to break them down."
-unknown